Narendra Summer Internship 2019
The Department of Computer Science and Automation (CSA),
Indian Institute of Science, announces the
Narendra Summer Internship Program for 2019.
- The summer internship is open to bright and motivated second year, third year and fourth year
B.E./B.Tech students in India.
- Each intern will be assigned a faculty member of CSA to mentor them during the
internship. The interns will be expected to spend at least 2 months at CSA;
the exact dates are flexible,
and may be decided in consultation with their respective internship mentors.
The internship would have to be completed by August 31, 2019.
- Each intern will be provided a total stipend of Rs. 20000, which will be paid
after the completion of the internship. There will be no additional compensation given
for travel and/or other expenses related to the internship.
- The interns will have to make their own accommodation arrangements;
the department will not be providing accommodation.
- It is preferable that the interns use their own laptops for their project;
networking and internet resources will be provided by the department.
Students may apply for this internship program by clicking
The form will be opened for submissions on March 28th, 2019.
The last date for applying is was April 16th, 2019.
Applications for the program are now closed. We have received
approximately 2600 applications.
A recommendation letter for the applicant
from a faculty member in the student's department is mandatory. Students will have to
submit the official email id of the faculty member, and we will send requests directly to the faculty member for shortlisted candidates. All information (e.g., GPA/percentages) entered in your application is subject to verification, and internship offers will be made to shortlisted candidates only after such verification.
The applications will be reviewed by a committee of faculty members at CSA,
and the selected candidates will be informed of their selection by late
April 2019, and the list will also be posted on this page.
The decision of the selection committee will be final and no
correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
List of participating students:
The following students will participate in the 2019 Narendra Summer Internship program:
- Govind S Sankar (IIT M). Mentor: Prof. Anand Louis
- Pittu Madhu Sudhan Reddy (IIT Kharagpur). Mentor: Prof. Arindam Khan
- Siddharth Jayashankar (IIT Kanpur). Mentor: Prof. Arindam Khan
- Arnab Maiti (IIT Kharagpur). Mentor: Prof. Arindam Khan
- Kishen N Gowda (IIT Gandhinagar). Mentor: Prof. Arindam Khan
- Amatya Sharma (IIT Kharagpur). Mentor: Prof. Arindam Khan
- Prajwal S. Naidu (MSRIT). Mentor: Prof. Chiranjib Bhattacharyya
- PRITHVI S. Naidu (MSRIT). Mentor: Prof. Chiranjib Bhattacharyya
- Ravi Kumar (IIT Kanpur). Mentor: Prof. K V Raghavan
- Arpitha Raghunandan (National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal). Mentor: Prof. K V Raghavan
- Kancharla Vishal (Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal). Mentor: Prof. R C Hansdah
- Saripella Vivekananda Varma (VIT University, vellore). Mentor: Prof. R C Hansdah
- Disha B Hegde (R V College of Engg.). Mentor: Prof. R. Govindarajan
- Faraaz Rahman Mallick (IIT Kharagpur). Mentor: Prof. Sunil L Chandan
- S V Aswannth (CMI). Mentor: Prof. Vijay Natarajan
- Nagarakshitha (MSRIT). Mentor: Prof. Y Narahari
- K. S. Lohith (MSRIT). Mentor: Prof. Y Narahari
- Mr. Vishnu Chandrashekhar (NIT Trichy). Mentor: Prof. Sridharan Devarajan
- Prajwal Gatti (Dayanand Sagar College of Engg). Mentor: Prof. Sridharan Devarajan
Narendra Summer Internship Poster Session
|10:00AM - 10:30AM
|10:30AM - 10:45AM
||Faculty Talk (Arkaprava Basu)
|10:45AM - 11:00AM
||Faculty Talk (Arindam Khan)
|11:00AM - 11:20AM
||Certificate Distribution and Photo Session
||CSA 117 and Garden
|11:20AM - 12:30PM
|12:30PM - 1:30PM