Narendra Summer Internship 2018
The Department of Computer Science and Automation (CSA),
Indian Institute of Science, announces the
Narendra Summer Internship Program for 2018.
- The summer internship is open to bright and motivated second year, third year and fourth year
B.E./B.Tech students in India.
- Each intern will be assigned a faculty member of CSA to mentor them during the
internship. The interns will be expected to spend at least 2 months at CSA;
the exact dates are flexible,
and may be decided in consultation with their respective internship mentors.
The internship would have to be completed by August 31, 2018.
- Each intern will be provided a total stipend of Rs. 20000, which will be paid
after the completion of the internship. There will be no additional compensation given
for travel and/or other expenses related to the internship.
- The interns will have to make their own accommodation arrangements;
the department will not be providing accommodation.
- It is preferable that the interns use their own laptops for their project;
networking and internet resources will be provided by the department.
Students may apply for this internship program by clicking
The form opened for submissions on April 4th, 2018.
The last date for applying is was April 16th, 2018.
Applications for the program are now closed. We have received
approximately 2500 applications.
A recommendation letter for the applicant
from a faculty member in the student's department is mandatory. Students will have to
submit the official email id of the faculty member, and we will send requests directly to the faculty member for shortlisted candidates. All information (e.g., GPA/percentages) entered in your application is subject to verification, and internship offers will be made to shortlisted candidates only after such verification.
The applications will be reviewed by a committee of faculty members at CSA,
and the selected candidates will be informed of their selection by late
April 2018, and the list will also be posted on this page.
The decision of the selection committee will be final and no
correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
List of participating students:
The following students will participate in the 2018 Narendra Summer Internship program:
- Ananya Pramod (MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology). Mentor: Prof. Y. Narahari.
- Archit Pandey (NIT-Surathkal). Mentor: Prof. K. Gopinath.
- Bhawna Malhotra (SRM Institute of Science and Technology). Mentor: Prof. Vijay Natarajan.
- Dakshayani Vadari (IIIT-Bangalore). Mentor: Prof. Arpita Patra.
- Govind Sankar (IIT-Madras). Mentor: Prof. Sunit Chandran.
- Manasa Jagadeesh (PES University Bangalore). Mentor: Prof. Y. Narahari.
- MS Pawan Ranjith (MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology). Mentor: Prof. Jayant Haritsa.
- Pooja Raj (Siddaganga Institute of Technology). Mentor: Prof. R.C. Hansdah.
- Preethu Pallavi (MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology). Mentor: Prof. Y. Narahari.
- Prerna Garg (IIT-Ropar). Mentor: Prof. K.V. Raghavan.
- Rahul Sinha (MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology). Mentor: Prof. Vijay Natarajan.
- Riddhi Ghosal (Indian Statistical Institute-Kolkata). Mentor: Prof. Sanjit Chaterjee.
- Ruchita Das (IIT-Kharagpur). Mentor: Prof. Shalabh Bhatnagar.
- Saim Dawood Wani (IIT-Kanpur). Mentor: Prof. Sunil Chandran.
- Sameena Firdos (Zakir Husain College of Engineering and Technology). Mentor: Prof. Sanjit Chaterjee.
- Shrey Manoj Tiwari (PES University Bangalore). Mentor: Prof. Arkaprava Basu.
- Siddharth Nagpal (BITS-Pilani). Mentor: Prof. R. Govindarajan.
- Srinag Rao S (NIT-Surathkal). Mentor: Prof. Vinod Ganapathy
- Vishwas VK (BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore). Mentor: Prof. R. Govindarajan.